drawings, recollections, videos, animations, stories, zeitgiest

Friday, July 27, 2007

Charlie Bartlett

So, I manage a kayak shop like 3 days a week. This morning a kid comes in looking to take a kayak out for a test spin and he starts filling out the paperwork. Halfway through he's like "damn I'm in a hurry" I'm like: "Yo, leave your I.D. here and i;ll fill out the rest. He says thanks man "My name is Charlie Bartlett." I'm like " Why is that name so familiar?" And then it comes to me...just last night I'm online looking at apple's movie trailer site and I watched a trailer for a movie called Charlie Bartlett...

"Is that new movie about you?"

"Naw man it's not...but's that's funny, no?"

..and he leaves...

So then I'm online a second later and I go to watch the preview again...And in the first 15 seconds of the preview there's a clip from a scene where Charlie in the movie is making fake I.D.s with his laminator...I do a double take and I rewind as I'm reviewing my Charlie Bartlett's I.D.....and sure enough it's an under 21 MD card with slightly uneven edges...but the hologram is intact ...thus, from my own fake I.D. days I'm am reassured enough that it is real..

Then I begin scrambling around trying to find a camera or a friend with a camera to record Chralies existance to post ....

And just as I arrange a friends scanner...... just 5 min away....to record this hilarious occurance....In walks the REAL Charlie Bartlett and returns the kayak...with a six pack of beer in the stow compartment for me because he thought I was funny...
So I told him about the I.D. idea...and we watched the preview and laughed out loud for about 3 minutes...

then he told me to look him up in D.C. if I'm ever down & rode off into the sunset

Blog Archive